Hello Dial-A-Story Community,
I hope you're having fun providing dial-a-story services to your communities!
For those of you using content from the Storytime Commons, I wanted to let you know about the new titles we've added this month:
- The Bat and the Weasel: an Aesop fable about a bat who cleverly adapts to his situation.
- The Crocodile and the Monkey: a classic story from India about a monkey who tricks a crocodile.
- Hansel and Gretel: a well-known European fairytale about two resilient children who encounter a witch.
- A Legend of the North Wind: when the tricky North Wind blows away a boy's lunch, he makes up for it by giving the boy valuable gifts.
- Cenicienta: a Spanish version of the classic European fairytale Cinderella.
- El cocodrilo y el mono: a Spanish version of the Crocodile and the Monkey (see above).
- El león tonto y el conejo inteligente: a classic story from India about a mouse who outsmarts a greedy lion. This title is also available in English as The Greedy Lion and the Clever Little Rabbit.
- El lobo y el perro dormido: an Aesop fable about a dog who tricks a hungry wolf.
Did you notice that a lot of these stories feature small creatures outsmarting larger, stronger creatures? We hope the kids in your community will feel empowered and inspired listening to these tales of tiny tricksters!
Have you considered sharing some of your wonderful recordings with your colleagues? Select the "Share to Commons" option in the Storytime Commons tab when you add your recordings to the LibraryCall Manager, and we'll contact you to double-check that the stories are copyright-free. If you're not sure, we're happy to do the research for you. Everyone benefits when we include as many diverse stories and voices as possible!