The Galecia Group is seeking a Spanish Content Developer to translate, adapt, write, record, and curate stories for its LibraryCall service. LibraryCall provides affordable phone and web app technologies to help libraries connect with people outside the library. Services include Dial-A-Story, LibraryCall Soundtrack, and LibraryCall publications.
The Spanish Content Developer will be responsible for:
- Translating short form children’s stories into Spanish
- Adapting and writing stories in English and Spanish
- Recording audio stories (training provided)
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish
- Strong creative writing skills with the ability to write appealing and inclusive content for children
- Experience reading aloud to children, storytelling, and/or acting
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, phone, online chat, and video-conference
- Strong cultural competency related to Hispanic/Latino/Latinx communities. Competency would be demonstrated by knowledge of traditions, values, language, and customs.
- This will be a contractor (1099) position, working remotely for an estimated 5 hours per week
- Meetings can be scheduled flexibly to accommodate any US time zone
- Contractor will be responsible for providing their own computer, phone, and Internet access
- The Galecia Group is an equal opportunity employer
Compensation: 25.00 hourly
To submit your application, please send a cover letter and resume to Madeline Walton-Hadlock, Content Development Manager at email@example.com. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the position!
The Galecia Group is seeking a part-time Spanish Content Developer to translate, adapt, write, record, and curate stories for its LibraryCall service.